Monday, July 20, 2009

JANE LUI!


*I like to think this picture sums up my personality.

The heat is turning me into a monster. I'm so very glad that the CAUSE office is AC-ed. So, I have to admit that I have been completely overwhelmed by recent events...the LEAP Dinner, Luncheon, The Party (by the way, Mary Rose, great freaking job!). Tomorrow is my presentation in front of the Board of Directors, woah!

First off, the LEAP Dinner was insane! I'm naturally anti-social and large crowds of people totally freak me out. I always feel totally awkward and bizarre in large grouping of people. However, being around the other interns, I feel somewhat at ease even when I'm shoving an entire orderve into my mouth. I'm not going to lie that there were some moments of brilliant awkwardness but all in all it was a great night. I feel like even though we spends days away from each other, I feel closer and closer to the other interns. I like how we all dorked out over David Ono (who, by the way said the funniest thing before we took the picture!)

The luncheon was awesome! The food and especially the dessert was wonderfully great. I loved the people I sat with because they were hilarious! I loved how all the women at the table was coaching one of the male board members about his upcoming baby. The light atmosphere set me at ease with everyone else.

THE PARTY! OK, we all must bow down to the greatness that is Mary Rose! I'm so glad everything turned out so great. I'm kind of sad I wasn't there earlier to see everyone else. YA'll! I met Jane Lui! I was so awkwardly happy and I totally freaked out by declaring my love for her. Thanks Mary Rose for the wonderful moment and memory!

Today, I went to the APALC office for the first time, it was amazingly beautiful. Eugene Lee gave us (interns at CAUSE) a presentation on Voting Rights & Redistricting. This coming Saturday will be my first time doing voter registration in KTOWN! I can't believe, I'm already in the 5th week, summer is flying away too fast...and I can already feel school catching up to me.

<3 The Tumultuous Dolphin.

No comments:

Post a Comment